Organic Alfalfa Seeds for sprouting
The word “alfalfa” comes from the Arabic phrase, al-fac-facah which means “father of all foods”. Our Organic Alfalfa Seeds are ideal for sprouting at home.
Ingredients: 100% Alfalfa seeds
Country of Origin: Italy
Botanical Name: Medicago sativa
Alfalfa sprouts are the shoots of the alfalfa plant, harvested before they become the full-grown plant. Because they are so small, the sprouts contain a concentrated amount of calcium, vitamin K and vitamin C. Alfalfa sprouts are extremely nutritious!
How to sprout alfalfa seeds
1. Add 1 tbsp of seeds into a wide-mouthed glass jar.
2. Cover the seeds with water.
3. Soak for 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, rinse and drain seeds well, before returning them to the jar.
5. Cover the jar with a light piece of cloth.
6. Place the jar in a cool, semi-lit location.
7. Rinse and drain the seeds at every 12 hours or so.
8. After 4 to 6 days its time to give your sprouts a final rinse.
9. After rinsing, keep jar into the refrigerator. This will keep your sprouts fresh for up to 2 weeks.
At Detox Trading we stock a large range of tasty and nutritious seeds, check them out here.
This product has been tested for pesticides, artificial fertilisers, heavy metals, e.coli, yeast, mould, salmonella and foreign matter. This product contains no bulking agents, added sugar, palm oil or GMO.
Packed on premises that handles nuts & seeds.
Allergen free from:
Peanut, Peanut Oil
Milk & Derivatives
Wheat & Gluten
Other Known Allergens
Free from any GMO