Cacao and mixed berry granola recipe
100g goji berries
100g golden berries
150g cacao nibs
50g coconut flakes
80ml coconut oil
½ tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp cacao powder
150 ml honey or agave syrup (add slightly more for a sweeter tooth!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g of almonds or other nuts of your choosing
50g flax seeds
This is a basic recipe which you can experiment with, by adding different ingredients and quantities to suit your taste.
The oil and honey will help the oats to crisp up and cluster, so adding more will give you more crunchy clusters.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix the oats, agave/ honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a bowl and make sure all the oats are well covered.
- Add the flax seeds, nuts, cinnamon and cacao powder and mix well.
- Add the oats to the baking trays, spreading as thinly and evenly as possible (this helps to make the granola more crispy).
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins or until golden brown.
- Let the granola cool on the baking trays.
- Add the berries, coconut flakes and cacao nibs and mix well.
- Store in an airtight glass container, (make sure the granola is completely cool before storing them as otherwise it may go soggy).
- Enjoy with your favourite nut milk!